Innovation and technology are trending in the industry 4.0 revolution, and dealing with environmental issues is no exception. The articulation of artificial intelligence (AI) and its application to the green economy, climate change, and sustainable development is becoming mainstream.
Water is one of the resources which has direct and indirect interconnectedness with climate change, development, and sustainability goals. In recent decades, several national and international studies revealed the application of AI and algorithm-based studies for integrated water management resources and decision-making systems.
Despite the government’s efforts to save every drop of water as the country faces water scarcity, 98.4 million Egyptians still live under the water poverty line by 50 percent, below the international line of 1,000 m3. The danger of the water crisis in Egypt increased with the presence of regional conflicts over the water of the Nile River.
Flood irrigation represents the biggest challenge to wasting water, as 77% of the Nile’s water is consumed through it.
- Innovation in finding solutions that reduce water consumption.
- Collect data regarding water consumption.
- Study irrigation habits' effect on water security.
– Data Collection
– Study Water Consumption Habits in Egypt
– Feature Engineering
– Select Target Sectors/ Industries
– Visualize Data on Tableau.
– Develop/Propose a Full System per Sectors (Agriculture, Industrial, .. )
– Build a Prototype.
– Give recommendations.
1. Data collection and web scraping.
2. Apply AI and cutting-edge technology for good.
3. Data science investigation.