AI and blockchain are two technologies currently changing the world. AI is already impacting the crypto world by, say, helping to detect fraud, or creating art for NFTs.
However, blockchain technologies encompass far more than buying coins or NFT’s. They provide the backbone for secure decentralized immutable data infrastructures (which current (cloud) databases cannot provide, and, more importantly, never will) that users can trust to build end-to-end solutions such as supply chain management, to track everything, from the purchase of raw materials to the delivery of the final products. At the moment, this is an impossible task for traditional technologies due to the variety of actors, languages, and regulations at every level.
As participants will discover, there is a deep synergy (a true ‘fusion’) between both technologies that can achieve things that are more than the sum of both parts. Things that were considered science-fiction up until recently. For instance, uploading brain waves to create a person’s online avatar (like in the movie “The Matrix”). But that, again, requires a totally secure and open data environment that only blockchain technologies can provide, as ‘permissionless’ (i.e. anyone can participate) blockchains such as Bitcoin or Ethereum have proven.
In other words, both worlds need each other to go beyond what they are capable of individually because they solve each other’s issues. But we need to properly understand this first, and then look for new, groundbreaking applications.
We created a preparation resources folder for this project, you may find it here https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1UWJoS-J5h4Z1cGS7_5Apmfl8wkBsac5t?usp=sharing
Understanding AI technologies and how they can help blockchain apps, but also their weaknesses
Understanding most common blockchain technologies and how they can help AI, but also what their weaknesses are.
Coming up with ‘fusion’ project ideas: how can AI and blockchain help each other, and the synergies between both techs.
Finalizing the list of fusion projects with concrete use cases. Determine which libraries to use.
– Learn the state of the art of both AI and blockchain technologies (as deeply as they can or want to)
– Use their creativity to come up with innovative applications and ideas
– Get the chance to develop them in future projects since the purpose of this project is to find interesting fusion projects to develop later.
– Explore various aspects of a fusion application: data extraction from a Twitter feed or a blockchain database; fine-tuning an AI model for the crypto world; how to integrate AI algorithms with smart contracts; how decentralized data architectures can be used by AI algorithms; how AI can improve current vertical and horizontal markets etc.
– Familiarize themselves with the open-source libraries for AI and blockchain.