Eligibility to join Omdena’s Community
In order to join Omdena, you must be over the age of 18 (with a few exceptions) and you must have an Internet connection in order to apply and work on our platform. Unfortunately, we cannot approve all applications but are proud to support a thriving community of global talent.
Regardless of where you are living, you are responsible to comply with any work authorization requirements you may have. We are not able to advise you on whether you can work on Omdena except in the specific restriction cases below.
Federal Law restricts Omdena from conducting business with individuals and entities based in certain countries. Businesses or individuals in the following countries are not permitted to register for accounts or utilize our platform:
– North Korea
– Individual nationals of Cuba
– Any other country restricted by law (this changes occasionally)
In compliance with Federal Law, Omdena does not conduct business with individuals and entities on a list called the Specially Designated Nationals (“SDN”) list. More information on these laws, click here. In addition, there may be other countries we do not currently service. Interested parties in these locations will be unable to complete account registration.
Finally, if you have been suspended from Omdena in the past you are not allowed to work on our platform again.
We can also verify identity in several ways
– Government ID Verification
– Government ID + Residency Verification
– Video Verification
Our reason is to determine ownership of an account (including the U.S. Government Know Your Customer (KYC) compliance program) and to confirm your location to qualify for location-specific jobs. In addition, we will use the US Government Sanction List.
AI Challenge Participation Specific Terms and Conditions
1. By entering the Challenge each Applicant (“Collaborator”) upon approval of their application, agrees to be bound by all of the requirements and terms for participation as set out in these conditions.
2. In order to join Omdena, you must be over the age of 18 (with a few exceptions) and you must have an Internet connection in order to apply and work on our platform. Unfortunately, we cannot approve all applications but are proud to support a thriving community of global talent.
3. Each Applicant represents, warrants and undertakes that his/her institution has authorized his/her entry into the Challenge, that he/she is complying with the policies and instructions of his/her institution at all times.
4. The Challenge Price Money will only be sent out after the successful completion of the challenge. If for any reason the Challenge is not capable of running as planned, there will be no prize money distributed. Reasons include infection by computer virus, bugs, tampering, unauthorised intervention, fraud, technical failure, human error, scientific and technical challenges or any other causes beyond the control of Omdena that corrupt or affect the administration, security, fairness, integrity, or proper conduct of the Challenge, Omdena reserves the right in its sole discretion, to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the Challenge in whole or in part.
5. Applicants must cease use of the Challenge website (www.omdena.com/our-projects) and must not participate in the Challenge if to do so would be contrary to the policies of the Applicant’s employer or institution. Omdena may unilaterally exclude and delete an Applicant if evidence is presented that Applicant’s institution does not permit Applicant to participate in the Challenge.
6. Applicants will be requested to sign a Code of Conduct if they are chosen as a challenge participant.
7. An Applicant is not a Collaborator unless the Applicant is chosen as one and his/her eligibility has been verified and he/she has received notification from Omdena that the verification has been successfully completed.
9. If there is a conflict or inconsistency between:
– a term of these terms and conditions,
– a term of the Code of Conduct,
then the term falling into the category last appearing in the list above shall, unless expressly stated otherwise, take precedence.
Omdena, and the challenge partners are not liable for any claim, loss or injury based on errors, omissions, interruptions or other inaccuracies either in this site, or for any claim, loss or injury that results from your use of this site or your involvement in our challenge.
You may contact us at email@example.com with any questions, complaints, or claims.